3R-based waste management program in Banjar City is a strategic activity in addressing garbage problem. An opportunity of development of compost centers and organic plants in West Java is Opportunities in maintaining the continuity of composting that has been developed and implemented by Research Institute for Human Settlements in several target areas. However, for achieving good results it requires assistance in a long sufficient time. At least until each target can perform the entire operation of assisted equipment, The output of the implementation of community assistance programs conducted in 3 months at the end of 2008, among others:
- Increasing the knowledge of the community who do not know concerning the procedures of composting and other 3R-based waste management until they became know and understand concerning the procedures of composting.
- Spread of composting area whether in individual scale , communal and environmental scale, namely:
- Neglasari, Mekarharja and Raharja Village, sukamanah Village Kel.Pataruman are targets of environmental scale of composting.
- The Environment of Banjar Kolot, Banjar pintu singa Village are targets of comunal scale of composting.
- Sinargarih langensari Village, Babakan Ker, Muktisari are targets of individual scale of composting.
- The Processing of plastics waste include:
- Jelat Village, district of Pataruman
- MuKisari District
- And in TPA (end disposal place), for crackle plastic.
- The buildings of leachate processing (worms) are placed in sukamanah Village, district of Pataruman.
- Facilities of management spread over 83 RT, Neglasari, Sukamanah Jelat and Pataruman district, Muktisari district.
- All of the infrastructure will be able to manage waste m3/day of 22.45, or 5.73% of the waste in Banjar which reached 392 m3/day, or 66.54 tons / day.
- Currently, the level of waste service in Banjar City reached 15.91%, that is equal 62.34 m3/day transported to a landfill.
- By the development of waste management from Puslitbangkim, so the waste management services in the City of Banjar increased from 15.91% to 21.64%.
Based on monitoring in the field, until the end of the accompaniment, there are still many problems faced in each target area, these problems is further on improving the attitudes and behavior of society, when the target is generally already know that waste should be managed in ways that are introduced, but with the constraints of time accompaniment, people are still a lot which do not want to utilize the facilities. It is because there are still a lot of activities required by the community, in an effort to change the attitude to be willing to perform the 3R-based management procedures. The activities required more motivational which can build the perception, and the most important thing is the sustainability of activities needs to be maintained in order not to create an apathetic society.